Monday, January 4, 2010

saying goodbye...

.....is the hardest thing to do. We said goodbye to the Kopsch family this weekend. Carrie has been such a wonderful friend the past few years and I am really going to miss her. The kids are equally sad. This family that we hung out with all the time when the guys were deployed became like family. We spent Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years together. We celebrated our children's birthdays, homecomings, the 4th of July, the beginning of summer, the end of summer, and anything else we felt was worth celebrating. Jacksonville will not be the same without them. What's more, this comes on the heels of saying goodbye to the Stonekings and the Falcks. The Navy creates this environment where deep bonds are formed, lasting friendships made. But it also pulls those relationships away. So sick of saying goodbye to my friends.











Uh. My husband totally ruined the moment.

1 comment:

Kelleyatc said...

This made me so sad...I am sorry they left Shan...I know that you developed a really good friendship with them, and I wish they were still there to play with you. Have you sent this to them? You should.

I love you and miss you...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...