Wednesday, February 15, 2023

Taking a Break from Unfinished Projects

As I often do at the beginning of a new year, I told myself I was going to chip away at my pile of unfinished quilt tops. I thought I had only 17, but a few days into 2023, I opened another bin up and found 6 more. So I tried to make myself promise that for every 2 new creations, I picked up 1 unfinished quilt top. I have actually done a decent job so far. Of the 6 quilts I have made since January 15th, 3 of them were unfinished quilts. 

Here are the 3 quilts I started ages ago that are now all done:



I blogged about this one  here. - this one was 129 weeks from start to finish according to Instagram.


This one was bag of strips I bought in 2013 and was my first strip quilt. Only I sewed it with less than 1/4 inch seam allowance and the seams were fraying. I pulled the quilt top out in January, restitched the seams, then cut top into blocks and voila! A finished quilt almost TEN YEARS in the making. It is in my shop here.


And this one. I blogged about it here and am still in love with this quilt. Very much so.


So three completed quilt tops, and three new ones. This one is one I started and finished in a few days.


Simple, big patchwork with a sweet little star tucked in for good measure.


I debated the placement of the dark teal pieces, but in the end, I think it works.


I have been struggling to find the good spots of natural light in this new house. It seems fine for close up pictures, but anytime I try to get the whole quilt in a picture, the picture comes out bleh. If anyone has any suggestions, I am all ears. 


See. This is close up, by a window, no filter. This picture truly captures the color and texture of the quilt. And I am loving my new quilt labels, so had to get a little shot of that. 





No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...