Thursday, February 9, 2023

Playing catch up

 It's been a bit since I have blogged. If a year is the equivalent of a bit. Since this time last year, we have moved again - back to Alabama. If you are keeping count, this was our 4th move since 2018. Hoping this is the last.

Tyler graduated from high school and accepted a scholarship from LSU, but ended up taking a year off as we hit some issues. Everything happens for a reason, as Tyler started having some heart complications this past fall, and I am so glad he was home. So we are still working on that and figuring out the source of the problem.

Kaiti is in her senior year, working and planning for her future. Jack is in 8th grade, knocking his grades out of the park, playing football and being the crazy kid he has always been. Evie is doing so awesome, she is in 7th grade and working so hard academically, and is playing club volleyball and made the JV High School Softball team! She is a busy little one! And Declan is in 4th grade, happy to be back with his "girlfriend" that he has had since Kindergarten. He played soccer and did so great, flag football, and we have baseball coming up soon.

I left the mortgage industry and went back to Marketing with LDR and also took on another role as an Event Coordinator at an event planning company. My stress level has reduced so much, and I have had both the time and the mental space to get back to quilting! 


So that is the family catch up, here is the latest quilt I finished. I am going to share some other quilts I have made over the last year in the next few days, because I like the idea of having a "final record" (haha) of the things I have made. So pardon the posts that are coming if you are not into quilts.


I started this quilt in June of 2018!! I loved the color palette because it was so different. 


I worked on a little bit at a time, and here it is today, all done!



It's moody and different and I love it!



I cut uneven strips and just pieced them together, throwing them up on my design wall to see where I wanted things to go. This is my favorite way to create, to just have a concept, but not a detailed plan and let the quilt figure itself out.


This quilt has Liberty of London, Essex Linen, Woven fabrics, Art Gallery, Cotton and Steel, Carolyn Friedlander, and so many more. It's a little bit of everything and so full of contrast.


A peek at my new label! This is available in my shop HERE.



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...