Tuesday, February 14, 2023

Quilts from Books: Wise Craft Quilts

 There are a few different quilt books that I open up again and again and again. Those include, in no particular order - Sunday Morning Quilts, Quilt Love, Wise Craft Quilts,  Unconventional & Unexpected - American Quilts Below the Radar, and Last Minute Patchwork + Quilted Gifts. These are the top five I always go back to. I own many quilting books, and there a few others I use often, but these are the books that are so full of inspiration for me, with pages marked and dog-eared, notes scribbled on index cards tucked into pages, they are always nearby.

I have blogged before about quilting my way through books, but I don't think I have ever made it more than half-way through, because I bounce around so much. The book I mentioned in the post is the same book I made this quilt from - Wise Craft Quilts.

I did not use denim, like Blair used in her book, and I think my finished size is different, but I love how my version of her Indigo quilt came out.



These warm natural colors play so well together. I don't usually make with such rich, earthy colors, and now I am wondering why I don't. I had to buy a bundle from a fabric shop to add more of these colors, because despite the size of insane fabric stash, I didn't have a lot of rust, red, and terra-cotta colored fabrics. 


Minimal quilting is always my favorite. Nothing fussy, just enough to add some texture. 



I was really happy with how this turned out.




It took me a few years to complete this quilt, and now I don't know how I ever put it away. I would definitely make this pattern again!



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...