Friday, September 9, 2011

borrowed treasure

there are goldfish on my floor (the cheesy, crunchy kind, not the living, breathing kind)
there is junk mail on my coffee table
there is laundry that needs to be folded and shuffled back to the proper drawers
and I think my hair is messily pulled away from my face with a freshly sharpened #2 pencil.
(yep, just checked, and indeed I have the librarian bun going on)

but

2 of my babies are snuggled in blankets napping in the fading sunlight
and 2  are with their daddy at Tyler's baseball practice

sooooooo

that means 

my house 

is quiet

the only noise echoing around me 
is the bip-bip-bip of my typing fingers
and the buzz-buzz-buzz of a weed eater off in the distance

isn't it funny how some moments that really aren't anything 
can be so much?

how in the quiet and hushed times
we let sink in the blessing of the laughter, the noise, and the little voices that bounce around us

today was nothing spectacular

but what it was 

was a little piece of perfect

the beauty of deployments is the deeply rooted awareness of
what a blessing life is
when we are together

each moment feels like a borrowed treasure and I am sucking it all in

borrowed, because it seems hard to believe he won't be leaving tomorrow
because I still cannot wrap my head around the fact that he was gone for so long and now he is home
that we get him for 4 whole months
4 months of weekends together, falling asleep by him, splashing in the ocean, watching movies, doing puzzles, going to ball games, sitting down to eat together, playing, talking, laughing

.......for my friends still waiting, I am still praying, still thinking about you, and STILL amazed at your strength 

xoxoxoxo

-----here are some pictures from our sunset dolphin tour in Hilton Head. you can see from the photos, a summer storm caught us and it made the boat ride interesting! -----








No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...