Sunday, February 6, 2011

I get by with a little help from my friends

I know I am probably starting to sound like a broken record on this here blog, but you guys----- I have AMAZING friends.  There are days when I feel overwhelmed and stressed and frustrated and want to just be a kid and push the responsibilities onto someone else's lap. And then, He sends a friend.

Like today. Tomorrow is Kaiti's birthday and I decided I would not be able to throw her the typical party we do- it would be too overwhelming for me this early on in the deployment. So, I followed the suggestions of friends and made it a girl day with Kaiti (and Evie, because the girl is refusing to take a bottle.) We got our nails done, went shopping, and then got Kaiti her FIRST real haircut. She reveled in the mommy daughter time, and really, I did, too. We have Lindsay and Steven to thank for this-- they offered to keep the boys for me while we did girl things. The boys had a great time and played with Lucas (and Steven) for hours-- Tyler said it was his favorite Sunday. I am so grateful for the Graysons! They have been such great friends to me and have come to my rescue more times than I can count!!

her birthday haircut


and some presents from grandma!


And this. I got an email from a friend a couple days ago, and literally was so touched, I got teary. I won't say his name because I'm not sure he'd want me bragging on him, but an AW Jeremiah worked with at HS-15 sent me an email letting me know he was here for me. Here it is:

Good evening Shannon and Nelson clan........

I'm writing you in hopes that you and your family are in good health and good spirits. One thing I will say is that your blog is truly outragous and funny. 

I want to offer my services of a strong back, hard worker, and handy man(remember, I am an AW, so nothing requiring math) skills to you and your family. I don't know what system you have in place or if you in fact need me. 

Jeremiah is considered a dear friend to me and so I offer humbly and with "hat in hand".


This guy, who himself has to leave his family often and works long, hard hours when he is not deployed, offered to take some time away from his family to help me out, should I need him. It makes me feel very cared for and so blessed to have friends that think of my family. So B-- thank you times a gazillion-- Jeremiah and I appreciate your kindness more than we can express!!! (I tell you what, the HS-15 aircrew shop was full of some pretty amazing people!!!) 


I am counting my blessings today, and I've run out of fingers and toes.  Now I've got to finish up Kaiti's 6th birthday video and bake 3 dozen rainbow cupcakes, per the birthday girl! Until tomorrow.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...