Wednesday, January 26, 2022

more rich color

It's a funny thing how what I enjoy making swings like a pendulum, shifting from one side and then dramatically sliding to the opposite. 

When I picked up quilting again in the fall, I was making quilts in soft color palettes that were easy and light what I was needing. And I did that, and then felt the need to add color into my life. Rich, bold, vibrant color. So I picked up fabrics and did just that. From the bananas quilt, to my peanut butter and jelly, to this, what I think of as my sparkling riviera quilt. Bright and lively blues, against warm corals and browns. 

I saved my scraps from this one and want to make something else from them because I loved the way the colors played off each other.



I need to take better pictures of this, because it was rainy and the colors aren't reading right. But I basically cut 10.5 inch squares and where the met the inside, I added a little wonky HST, to make little wonky white stars in between the blocks.


Again with the quilt swirl. Sorry. Can't stop, won't stop.

You can see more pictures in my shop!


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...