Friday, January 28, 2022

back to soft and light

After all the rich color I have been working with lately,  I felt it was inevitable I would shift back to a lighter, softer color palette.

I had been wanting to make a quilt in these tones for a while and had been adding the fabrics to a class jar on the shelf above my sewing machine. I finally grabbed the jar and laid all the fabrics out and realized I had enough to make a throw sized quilt. So I went with the design that I make often, but this time I added a frame.

I really do love pulling linens into quilts. They add a texture, the soften up with use, and provide such a great contrast to feeling of cotton.



The black and white gingham binding is my favorite. 


Another rainy day picture, but this quilt feels like a good rainy day quilt.


here she is in full. I liked this one!


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...