Wednesday, July 31, 2019

Queen Bee for The Blue Bee!

Like the pink bee, I had trouble honing in on a block for the blue bee. I wanted a churn dash, I wanted patchwork, I thought about stars, but when it all came down to it, I was going back and forth between a log cabin or courthouse steps block. At the same time I was deciding, Karen Lewis was posting her amazing little courthouse steps blocks and I figured it a sign.

So I set to work deciding on measurements and layouts. I already had my color palette chosen from the moment I said yes to the bee. You can me color inspiration pictures I sent my bee mates below. 


I wanted a milky blue, set against a low volume ranging from white to creamy white to any colored linen.


Now I just need this to be my rug and table.


That color is the most dreamy tone of blue I have ever seen.




I drew up a design for the girls, as I wanted half to make one orientation (horizontal) and half to make the other (vertical). I chose my foundation square (the center piece) to be a milky shade of pink, in homage to how I came to the blue quilt bee......by way of the pink quilt bee :)





Here is a shot of my first two blocks with my fabric pull.


Can I just tell you, I am going to LOVE this quilt. 

Here is a look at some of the blocks I have received so far, along with the goodies my bee mates have spoiled me with!!!





This blue bee is just incredible!!!!! That basket! Look at the inside tag! And checkout the tag Jennifer sewed to the back!


The tag says "you better use this" and I totally am! It is currently holding my Sarah Jane fabric!

Also, please note that I have thread in my hair. Always. 







No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...