Tuesday, July 30, 2019

And now the Blue Bee!

I mentioned earlier that I took part in a glorious quilting bee during 2018 that brought much joy to each month. My Pink Bee girls helped me learn new skills, play with colors I may not have put together on my own, and spoiled me rotten with the most amazing blocks and extras.

So, when one of my bee mates suggested a Blue Bee for 2019, I couldn't say yes fast enough. Pink and Blue are my two favorite colors, so this seemed like a dream bee!

Here is a look at the blocks and things I have made so far!

This first chicken block was for Yvonne, and I love that she chose something different and fun. It is going to be so cute! A quilt full of blue chickens! COME ON. Soooo good.


Dawneika was our next queen, and she chose this glorious patchwork block that she plans to set on point. Patchwork is my love language, followed closely by fussy cutting. 


The next queen to take the throne was Kate, who designed this adorable patchwork block with low volumes mixed in. I fussy cut where I could. Side note: I love to include a piece of one my very favorite fabrics in each bee block I made. For Yvonne, I used my HR frogs, Dawneika got my treasured Heather Ross VW buses, and Kate got a bit go my tiny mushrooms AND my fave Art Gallery Fabrics moons. 


Tina was the next Queen Bee, and genius she is, she chose a nested churn dash block. I LOVE the churn dash block and I really love the way this block echoes outward! So cool. And take a guess which treasured fabric I used in her block. (If you guessed the HR goldfish then you get a high five from me.)


I am the queen bee for July, and I will share my block choice and color inspo in a later post. The blocks have been rolling in and I am LOVING them!!!


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...