Thursday, July 25, 2019

A quilting bee filled with PINK!

Last year, I was thrilled to be a part of the #pinkbee2018 I made blocks for 11 lovely bee mates, stitched my first dresden plate, made an adorable candy cane block, a super sweet strawberry block, played with patchwork, and then made a pink pineapple!

My first Dresden plate, but certainly not my last. It was fun fussy cutting for the unique shapes of the blades. 


I added a J inside the strawberry for our sweet bee host Johnna. 


The low volume fabric is one I should have bought a bolt of, because I love it!


Jennifer chose such a sweet candy cane block and I love this idea for a Christmas quilt!


This patchwork block was so fun!!


And Yvonne's pineapple!

I hemmed and hawed over my block and finally settled on a scrappy trip around the world quilt. I designed a certain orientation of blocks for half the bee girls, with a different orientation for the rest. That way, for fussy cut squares, they would placed right. 

Rather than talk more about my quilt, I will just share the evolution of it. It is my most used quilt and the only quilt I have ever kept for myself. I use it EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. 











My participation in the pink bee was a beautiful bright spot in 2018. That was the the year we had a big move, my kids changed schools, my husband started a new job, and was deployed for 9 months of the year, so the rhythmic stitching each month for my pink bee girls was beautiful therapy. And at the end, I have this amazing quilt, stitched by girls around the world, to keep me warm and happy. If you have a chance to be a part of a quilting bee- DO IT! Jump in!! It will grow you, it will connect you to amazing people, it will allow you to be a lasting part in something someone else treasures, and at the end you will have a quilt to treasure always. 

And this amazing experience led me to join in on a follow-up bee.........



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...