Sunday, July 28, 2019

Milk, Sugar & Flower

I think I have talked before about starting something and then stalling. It seems to be a facet of who I am, this excitement in beginning, then becoming either distracted or losing interest, or often becoming frustrated that something did not go according to plan....all things that lead me to stop what I am making.

In the case of this quilt, I vividly remember ordering a charm pack of Kona Snow and a charm pack of this Elea Lutz fabric because we were in the process of moving to our North Carolina house, and we had packed up much of my sewing space. I was left with a small cutting mat and a small desk surface, so I was buying precuts so I could continue making, without needing a large cutting space.

I also remember we had just added our puppy Liberty to the family, and every time I laid out my blocks, our playful chocolate lab puppy would run across the floor of my room and rearrange them all. Repeat times a hundred.



I'm sharing that to say that this is why I gave up on the quilt years ago. My puppy had twisted a couple blocks out of the arrangement I had carefully decided upon, and I didn't catch the jumble until it was all sewn together. So I got grumbly, folded it up, and tucked it away.

Fast forward 4 and a half years to a couple days ago. I was scanning those instagram memories and saw a post from July 22, 2016, where I had photographed a partially completed quilt top and vowed to finish it. 3 year ago. So I dug through my craft bins and found it! Eureka!



I stared and stared at this quilt top that had been given a very long time out and couldn't figure out what felt off to me so long ago.

So I attached a border of Kona Snow to make the quilt a bit bigger and VOILA.

And, as it turns out, I really love it.


You can find this quilt in my shop HERE.


There is something about the bright and cheerful, sort of vintagey feel of this fabric that I love.


I love a good quilt smoosh picture! I also LOVE the fabric I used for the binding.


I am so glad I completed it!






No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...