Thursday, September 24, 2009

goodnight sweetheart, well it's time to go

I love that song. It reminds me of my mom. And that movie Three Men and A Baby. But more my mom. Thank goodness. I'd much rather picture my mom's beautiful face in my head than Steve Guttenberg or
Ted Danson.
Wow. Can you tell I'm tired? But, what I lack for in clever, witty quips, I make up for in pictures. I really couldn't NOT post these. He'll forgive me someday.




Yeah, that's my husband as a banana. Back off ladies, that chiquita is ALLLLLLL mine!



Notice the smile. He is actually proud. Hands down, this costume is the weiner....I mean winner! (I just high-fived myself in my head for that one.) Now, if only I could find a hamburger costume......

2 comments:

Kelleyatc said...

As I started reading this post 'Sissy's Song' came on...when will this get easier Shan...do we just have to accept that it never will? I still find myself reaching for the phone...I called her cell phone number a few days ago. I don't know if I was hoping to hear her voice on her message, but a man answered, and it was like beng kicked in the gut...God I miss her so much. I read something recently...I think it was something Michelle Williams said in an interview about dealing with the loss of Heath Ledger...she said that as the time goes by it gets harder b/c in those first months, and year that there is some sort of magical thinking that helps you deal, and as that first year goes by, so does that magical thinking and you are just left with the harsh harsh reality...that really hit home. Maybe it was in those first few months I would talk to her more, but as time went on I stopped doing it as much...but even now as I type this, it is like I hear her voice in my head sayng that she is always there and when I need her, to just talk to her...is that wishful thinking and am I making ths worse on myself or do you thnk that...that its her? Sorry...with everything else going on w/ Maddie and all the other stuff, I am not in a good place right now...probably should have saved this for an email instead of a place where it can be read by all...

shannon said...

kell-- call me when you are up and we can talk.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...