Sunday, April 14, 2019

Finally Finishing

I mentioned in my last post that I had taken a long, unplanned break from quilting. I think the break was caused by two things... my husband's recent return from deployment and me wanting to spend every minute with him.

Additionally, my motivation and inspiration tanks were empty. So much so, that I avoided my quilting room because every time I sat down at my table, I felt overwhelmed that I had soooooooooo much fabric and no idea what to do with it.

Only in the middle of February did I decide to revisit older projects. Maybe it was all the popularity of the Marie Kondo advice on netflix, but I decided that my excess (or fabric, of projects, of supplies) was TOO much and overwhelming. So I got to work at tackling my "work in progress" bin. Which is really just several baskets filled with large bags of projects.

I made a little deal with myself....for every 2 old projects I completed, I could begin something new. In this post, you can see that I completed 4 old quilts! So the first quilt pictured below is my *new reward.

I wanted to do an untraditional log cabin quilt with a varied background. Is there a term for this, quilty friends? I have no idea. I chose the color palette after a sweet customer informed me that my etsy shop was low on blue quilts. So I got to work on fixing that.



I used a wool batting and stitched in the ditch, making this especially fluffy!



See that VW bus? I love it!



It is listed in my etsy shop here!

With that quilt finished, I went back to my in progress bin and grabbed another older project.








Every time I grab an incomplete project, I try to recall what it was that had it me set it aside. I keep coming up blank. This particular quilt was probably 80% done....why on earth didn't I just finish it?


And with those two blue/teal toned quilts, I made sure to grab a work in progress that was heavy on the pink. It's all about balance.







This quilt is available here!

All of this finishing of older projects got me thinking about WIPS and setting things aside.....I will share more about my thoughts on that later. But it feels so gratifying to be finishing things!


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...