Monday, March 25, 2019

winter quilting

These quilts marked a renewal of quilting after an extended break. From September through January, I had left my machine to gather dust. My sewing room more like a ghost town, and despite trying to force myself to get back to it, I had zero drive or inspiration.

Once my husband deployed again, I needed to satiate my nervous energy, so I got back to quilting. And these quilts are the result, with almost all of them being completed within a two week period. In fact, some of these were old WIPs, that had long been abandoned. It felt pretty wonderful to complete them.


This was one I let sit for almost 2 years, as a pile of blocks waiting to be assembled. 






This color palette was bold and foreign to me, and that's probably exactly why I love it. 


The Nani Iro fabric is so soft, and between the backing and the wool batting, this one is extra fluffy and crinkly!!


Did I mention that I love this one? The black fabric in particular!



This quilt is like a snapshot of some of my MOST favorite fabrics and designers!!!  From the Liberty, to the Alexia, Heather Ross to the cotton + steel stars!!





When in doubt, big-patchwork it out, I always say! 


I don't actually say that, but I do love big patchwork.


The creamy colored binding on this one makes me happy.


1 comment:

audrey said...

I was hoping you hadn't given up blogging for good! I just barely found your blog last year and was loving the way you played with fabric and color. Some of your color combinations are just dreamy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...