Thursday, January 20, 2022

roots and log cabins





 The very first quilt I ever made was essentially a big ol log cabin quilt. It was THE PERFECT beginner quilt because I was able to use big blocks, there were no matching corners, and I just continued to build outward until I was satisfied with the size and color layout.


My last baby on my first quilt. And chevron. Remember when chevron was big?


So, log cabins were my first love and it has been a lasting love. Simple design that allows for so much individual interpretation. I started off quilting log cabins and still go back to this design often, I just like to do different iterations of the log cabin now. 

My current favorite translation of a traditional log cabin pattern is an improv, framed log cabin. This quilt that I made a few months ago is in my top ten for favorite quilts I have ever made. The colors remind me of sand and sea, earth and sky, the randomness of the incongruous sizes the white space.....these are a few of my favorite things.


On my design wall. The bottom row just needed to be framed.


And all done. Sigh. Kind of wish I kept this one. The one that got away. lol. 




Blues and tans FOREVER.


I think I need to make another one.


It just looked so cute in my nest chair. 



Okay, now I think I need to give it an upgrade and say this is one my top fives. I might have to repeat.

Do you have any patterns that you go back to again and again?







No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...