Saturday, May 28, 2016

happiness and hurting back

Hi there! It's Saturday morning, my husband is home (!!!!!), my coffee is hot, and I am well rested. I feel like the only thing missing is a showering of glitter from the sky!! haha. jk, because that's just another mess I'd have to clean up.....or walk over and bribe my kids with candy to clean up.

Jeremiah was gone for a few weeks and the best way I know how to deal with his absence is to keep busy. My work schedule and the kids baseball games/practices certainly did their part in making that happen. But at night, when it was quiet and my kids were fading off to sleep (or fighting it and begging for cupcakes, if you're Declan), I grabbed my fabric and got to making.

Here is a look at some of the things I made.

























A few of these have already sold, and some are still available in my etsy shop I clearly have a thing for plus/cross quilts. I also have a thing for log cabin style blocks and overall quilt designs. 

That lavender one and the one with navy and sky blue, though, those 2 might be my new favorite designs and I have been toying with making that design a customizable quilt. Customs make me nervous because I don't think what I see in my head and what the customer might see in their head will always mesh. Also, I don't want to make anything I don't really love, because I really want to maintain the kind of sacredness that is my creating/quilting time. Meaning, basically, that if I am making a quilt I don't like and it feels like "work", it will lessen my love for quilting. And aint nobody got time for that.

I am curious if anyone has dealt with this, and found a way to still offer custom work while maintaining their creative identity? Anyone, anyone? I'd love to hear about it. 

I just finished another quilt that maybe I will write a separate post for (as if you're all just begging for more!!). While I was sewing, I took a few pictures that sort of spot-lighted some of my favorite tools when it comes to patchwork and piecing! Here is a look at the finished quilt:


Y'all, this Nicey Jane fabric by Heather Bailey-- it is an all time FAVORITE!!! I literally cannot even!


I quilted it minimally, so just to frame each block. It gave it a good amount of texture without detracting from the overall design....at least that was my hope.


I mean seriously!!! look at those florals.

That quilt is listed in my shop  but honestly, if this one doesn't sell, I won't cry. She is my favorite. 


Okay, I need to get my act together and go fold some laundry, and eventually head to joanns to get some more Kona white.....I am ALWAYS running out of white, and I just went a week ago and got  yards!! Maybe I need to start buying a bolt. haha! 



Happy weekend folks!!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...