Saturday, January 22, 2022

five years later, a low volume quilt

I started making this quilt four homes ago. Which is not a typical measurement of time, but in my case, that's how I remember it. Gathering blocks in North Carolina to sew rows, and then we were moving to Alabama, so I packed it up and put it in a ziplock bag.

And apparently never opened that bag in Alabama. Or Oklahoma. But finally, in Florida, I found it.

My original intention was rows of low volume squares with smaller squares making a heart in the center. But then I decided I liked the the low volume squares all on their own. And so it became it's own quilt.




I am a fan of low volume. In fact, I used to be part of a low volume fat quarter club a few years ago, and a lot of those collected fabrics made their way into this one.


Sorry guys, I just really love a quilt swirl.




Can you see that? It has a BANANA BREAD recipe. 
What is with all the bananas showing up in the quilts I make lately?

 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...