Friday, January 21, 2022

branching out a little. and bananas.

 When I started to get back in my quilting groove, all of the quilts I started making were in soft and easy color palettes. I shared the two I made here (at the bottom of the post)  and here


After all that soft, I needed something bright and bold. 

I make this design often and the point of it, in my mind, is to let either the color or the fabric steal the show. I like bigger block sizes to show off the color and let it really saturate the quilt, also to show off a print in a fabric that I love.

This quilt was a combination of both. And I should say, I would not normally put bright green-leaning teals, rich yellows, and tans together, and mid way through cutting out blocks, I stopped and took them to Kaiti and asked her if I should stop and forget about it. But she told me to keep going, it would look better when they were all next to each other. I am glad I listened to her.



Please notice the bananas. When I was quilting it, I kept singing that part of Gwen's Hollaback girl.


The whole quilt was designed around the Kelly Ventura print. I should have bought yards of it. It was added to my shop and proved to be necessary splash of color!








No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...