Sunday, July 1, 2018

Watercolor Boardwalk

I ordered the most delicious bundle of fabric from Cottoneer Fabrics. The bundle , titled Gelato, was built around a Nani Iro fabric that is pure fiber magic. The colors, the double gauze, the soft design as if someone painted delicately atop the fabric.  MAGIC.

As soon as my order arrived (which was full of fabric goodness), I quickly searched for a minimal pattern that would do the fabrics justice. I have a list of various patterns I want to use, and pulled up this one I starred a while ago from Cloud 9 Fabrics, called Village Life. You can find the pattern HERE.

I decided to size it down a bit, so if you are interested in my block size, let me know. It ended up finishing at 40 x 51 inches. I quilted it with straight lines to stick with the simplicity of the quilt.

And here is where I will break the rules of quilt humility and say I really love this quilt. It is soft and dreamy and filled with negative space to evoke that easy, yet modern feel that I crave.


I almost went with a striped binding in lavender and I am sooooo glad I changed my mind after cutting two binding strips. Not sure what it is about the silver Kona that I love here but I feel like it perfectly frames it.


I mean, look at that house lavender house (which is made with Lucy Engels handprinted fabric I have hoarded for a year) with the most perfect Nani Iro roof. I would move into that house in a heartbeat.


Remember when I said I bought 13 yards of the lavender fabric, so be prepared to see it popping up in quilt backs. Well. I was speaking truth.


My kind of village. 


What is it about a quilt swirl that makes me sigh a big ol breath of content? 


This quilt might be my most favorite in quite a while. When my husband FaceTimed us from the desert today, I was so happy with it, I made him hang on so I could go get it and show it to him. I never do that. He's not as into quilts as I am. haha. But he still put on a smile because he could see how happy I was with it. 

The quilt is listed in my shop HERE!

1 comment:

Erin Quinn said...

It's lovely. I can see why you had to show it off to him. I do it to my hubby all the time and if I get more than "mmm. nice" I think it's truly a winner. I too would move into the lavender house, although the moody one with the purple roof next to it is also very cool... maybe we could be neighbours ;-)
Anyway, ignore humility and enjoy your super pretty finish.
E

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...