Wednesday, March 14, 2018

Winter Sewing

Hey friends. It's been a minute. This fall and winter have been nuts. The short version-

- my husband retired from the Navy (mid November)
- my husband got a new job (mid November)
- we put a contract on a house in AL (end of November)
- we listed our home in NC (beginning of December)
- my husband left for training (early December)
- we rented our NC house out (end of January)
- we left NC (March 6)
- we closed on our AL house (March 9)
- my husband will leave for deployment (April)

So now here we are in Gulf Shores, settling in, unpacking, slowly making this place home. I haven't made much in the last few months because we have been busy with everything happening, but here is a catalog of my recent makes.


I have made a dozen different versions of this quilt and I love it for its simple design and how quickly it comes together. Also, I love letting the fabric be the star!



Also, this is one of my favorite ways to quilt! Organic lines, with some wonky infinity loop quilting interspersed!



This was a little mug rug for a swap I did!


The rest of what I made for that swap. She said she liked the color blue, and cats :)



And this big ol thing was for #fussycuttersclubswap using the idea from Gnome Angel's book Fussy Cutters Club.



This was for an other swap. I enjoy mixing hand stitches and machine quilting. 


Also for a swap. Notice an addiction?


This quilt was built using a Nest bundle. As soon as I saw the fabric I had to make a baby quilt with it. It is so adorable!!!


I love Art Gallery Fabrics for their silky softness.


This quilt was made for a dear lady that has been so wonderful in assisting my kiddo with reading challenges. I used the Peak Quilt pattern by Nicole of Modern Handcraft. It is such a simple pattern that comes together super quickly, especially if you use a jelly roll!


I quilted it to look like wind currents moving across the tops of the mountain peaks.


She loves the color green so I used just about half of my green stash-- which wasn't much to begin with. Last quilt picture in North Carolina! 



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...